The application forms provide a template to organize expenses according to the following budget lines. The same lines are used for reporting if the application is successful. No overheads are funded on a percentage basis, but they can be included as part of the project budget.
- Equipment (all devices, hardware and software needed for specific project implementation. It is assumed that organization have the equipment to conduct their day-to-day work)
- Personnel (salaries of project team if they work 50% of the time or more on the project activities. If considered personnel, applicant will be required to explain how those costs will be covered once project funding is exhausted as part of the sustainability strategy)
- Professional services (organization’s staff, contractors and consultants providing technical support, programming, documentation, monitoring and evaluation costs, etc. that works less than 50% of the time in the project)
- Project activities (local and national engagement activities (including travel, training for community beneficiaries, logistics, and so forth)
- International engagement by project team (expenses associated with international facet-to-face and/or online engagement such as accommodation, airfares, visa applications, per diem, registration fees for participation in conferences, presentation, field trips);
- Staff Mentoring and Training (costs associated with mentoring, training and professional development)
- Support services (web hosting, transcripts, translations, logistics, workshops facilitation, etc).
Applicants must include expenses associate with engagement and participation to at least one APNIC conference (either online or face-to-face depending on the situation) during the proposed project timeframe to engage with the regional/global research community as part of their project. Travel will only be supported on economy class and daily expenses can be claimed only against presentation of receipts for meals not included in the events attended, under very strict guidelines to be provided when travel is approved. Part of the grant can be used to process travel insurance requests as needed. No project team member can travel internationally under grant related activities without travel insurance.