ISIF Asia has supported many wonderful women leading project teams during our 10 years of operations. We have also being lucky to support projects focusing on women’s health and economic empowerment. During 2018, and thanks t the support from IDRC, we are calling those working on Gender Empowerment and Innovation to apply for the grants and/or to nominate for the award. Applications are open now until 30 April 2018.
The Internet for Development Grants & Award for Gender Empowerment & Innovation will be allocated to projects/organizations working to achieve gender equality on the Internet industry, focusing on one or more of the following areas:
- Building advanced digital skills among women and girls (coding, network management and security, IPv6, big data, sensors, IoT, devices, machine learning, cloud computing);
- Supporting women to get involved in network infrastructure deployment to expand Internet access and adoption;
- Encouraging the participation of women in digital markets to support women’s economic empowerment as well as capacity building initiatives that support employment paths in the Internet industry;
- Promoting the safe use of the Internet for women and girls
- Defending women and girls rights online.
|I4D for Gender Empowerment and Innovation Grants:
For projects working to achieve gender equality in the Internet industry.
|2x USD 30,000 to scale up existing projects
1x USD 23,000 for a new project
ISIF Asia awards recognize the positive contributions of project winners with a cash prize of USD 3,500 and a travel grant to attend the 2018 Internet Governance Forum, where the awards ceremony will take place.